Adobe Flash Player is free, and can be dowloaded here.
Crestview Middle School
A Caring Community of R.E.A.L. Learners
Responsible Engaged Accountable Life-long
Home of the Cougars!
Updates on 1:1 for the 2014-2015 School Year
Watch for more information on these changes to our 1:1 learning and computing model for the 2014-2015 school year:
- 6th Grade Devices will stay on-campus this year
- The student insurance premium will be lowered to $20 this year for off-campus use. A per-incident repair deductible of $25 (first incident, $35 for additional incidences) will apply to all 6-12th grade students, on and off-campus.
- Cases will be available for order in the Middle School and High School offices.
Parent Information Meetings for families of 6th graders and other students new to our 1:1 program are scheduled for 5:30 PM or 7:00 PM in the middle gym during Open House on August 18. Parents who've previously attended a Crestview 1:1 Informational Meeting are welcome, but don't need to attend.
Click for Information for 2014 - 2015:
Welcome to Crestview Middle School!
The staff and administration welcome you to Crestview Middle School. It is our sincere hope that you will find this experience challenging, rewarding, and exciting. Your success depends on the development of regular attendance, effective study habits, and self-discipline.
The Crestview Middle School philosophy is that the educators are highly qualified, according to federal guidelines, knowledgeable about and committed to meeting the needs of young adolescent learners.
To meet the needs of adolescent learners, we believe the essential elements are:
- A balanced curriculum that addresses varied readiness levels and learning preferences of young adolescent learners,
- A variety of organizational arrangements,
- The use of a variety of instructional strategies,
- A full exploratory or unified arts program,
- Comprehensive academic advising and counseling,
- Continuous progress for students,
- Assessment and evaluation procedures compatible with the nature of young adolescent learners,
- Cooperative planning by teachers, and
- The creation and maintenance of a positive school climate.
A Middle school preparing students, through varied readiness levels and learning preferences, to be tolerant of individual differences and to be responsible for both academic and social behavior.
Our programs include:
ACADEMICS: Turbo Teens, Relationships Under Construction, Student Council, 6th Grade Outdoor Education, Career Education, Conflict Resolution Training, Instrumental & Vocal Programs at 5th – 8th grade levels. LEAP, Academic Challenge Team, Title I services in Math and Language Arts for fourth, fifth and sixth grades, 8th grade Algebra, Family and Consumer Sciences Education, Collaboration Teams for all core classes and special education teachers at all grade levels.
ATHLETICS: Cross-Country, Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Wrestling, Track, and Cheerleading.
Eric Yetter, Principal
Crestview Middle School
1575 State Route 96
Ashland, Ohio 44805
(419) 895-1700 ext. 18000
Last Updated: 8/13/2014 9:33 AM
8/20/2014 Grades 10-12 First Day of Classes
8/21/2014 Grade Kindergarten First Day of Classes
8/25/2014 6:00 PM Board of Education Meeting - MS Assembly Room
8/25/2014 LABOR DAY - NO SCHOOL!
9/1/2014 Interim/Portfolios Due
9/19/2014 NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS! - Teacher In-Service Day